Weight Loss Consultant Opportunity
Weight loss consultants assist clients with motivation, advice and practical plans to lose weight.They meet with clients to discuss weight loss goals, and will usually record a client's weight and measurements, tracking their progress toward these goals over time. They advise clients about topics such as eating a healthy diet, developing an effective exercise regime and making healthy lifestyle choices. They may work with clients on an individual basis, or run group sessions, where clients are able to motivate and support each other and share their own weight loss tips.
Knowledge, skills and attributes
A weight loss consultant needs:
- Good interpersonal skills with a high level of empathy
- Good communication skills
- The ability to motivate and inspire others
- To be comfortable working with people from wide range of different backgrounds
- They usually work in an office, but may hold regular group meetings with clients in a community setting. Many of their clients can be very emotional, and weight loss consultants may need to find ways to inspire and motivate clients who are depressed or have almost given up on weight loss. They generally work regular business hours, though they may be required to work evenings and on weekends to run meetings and group workshops when their clients are available.
Tools and technologies:
- Weight loss consultants may use scales and tape measures to record and track their clients' weight loss progress. They will also generally use charts, pamphlets and similar materials to demonstrate the nutritional value of different foods and as a reference source to provide advice about specific lifestyle habits or exercise options. Some weight loss consultants may use audiovisual equipment, including computers, projectors and microphones, when conducting group sessions. They may also use cooking equipment to give practical demonstrations about how to prepare a healthy meal.
- Salary plus commission, expect to make $35.000,00 to $60.000,00 per year
Education and training:
- Grade 12 diploma and above, some college is preferable but not mandatory. All health related training and education is welcome. We will train and certify also in our modalities.
If you think you already have some of the skills or competencies, obtained either through non-formal or informal learning and experience, you may be a great canditate for our company. Please reply with your resume and a short letter of why you think you're the right person for the job.
Thank you in advance